Christmas 2010=eating frenzy
I am not surprised (although a little disappointed nevertheless) that despite being a gnats breath away from losing two stones, I've put several pounds on this Christmas. Seven to be precise. It still irks me that it doesn't really take much for all of the old eating habits to creep back in. When I say 'creep' I actually mean 'storm'...its was like I'd been told that this would be the last time I could EVER eat cheese/biscuits/pate/baklava/mince pies/christmas cake/trifle (for breakfast)/celebrations...you get the picture. Not even the indignity of my husband and I comparing ourselves to humpty dumpty and both looking like we were six months' pregnant and struggling to get off the sofa on Christmas day evening deterred me from getting up the next day and starting all over again.
Of course I'm disappointed because at the end of the day what I stuff in my mouth is entirely down to me-there's no-one else to blame. So what next? Feel guilty and eat more to feel better then feel rubbish again because I've overeaten? No way! We only fail when we stop trying and I AM going to get to target. So I've already dusted myself off. Tomorrow will be the real test. Back to using a food diary and consciously enjoying every mouthful of food whilst staying in control. I might even throw away the leftover mince pies...
No comments:
Post a Comment